Friday, April 13, 2007

I have been busy these days my friends. I am a staff writer for World of Warcraft Chronicles located at here:

http://www.wowchron.com/articles.php.

I am also now a contributing author to Virgin Worlds located at www.virginworlds.com. Plus the daily job and duties at the convent.

And so, on to today’s column…

At the top of today’s column for the convent is a man whose music I grew up with, and enjoyed. But the man himself, is not only too weird for words, but a far cry from being a shining example to the world's youth. In an article from Rolling Stone Magazine, quoted by the associated press, he is quoted as being asked “The strangest thing I've tried to snort? My father. I snorted my father.” Here is what he had to say about it:




"He was cremated and I couldn't resist grinding him up with a little bit of blow. My dad wouldn't have cared," he said. "... It went down pretty well, and I'm still alive."

Keith Richards may make a great musician, but he makes a lousy role model. On the other hand, Al Gore made a lousy politician but he makes a fantastic environmental activist.

When Al Gore testified about global warming in front of the United States Congress he was met by argumentative politicians with their collective heads buried in the sand. One of his replies was:



“If the crib is on fire, you don’t debate that the baby is fireproof.” – Al Gore before the United States Congress

In a recent associated press article in the local Daily Journal mountain climbers who climb across ice told about ice routes that have disappeared because the ice is melting. While some people may hear about climbing routes across glaciers disappearing and say “who cares” why would you wait until you are knee deep in water to decide to do something about it. Then it is just too late…

More startling is perhaps having a president, George W., who has been in the papers again stating that he will have a dialogue with congress about the budget for the war in Iraq but that he will not discuss any proposal that gives a time by which the troops must return from Iraq. Despite a nation and a congress against the war and George W., he is determined to have his war. Just too astounding for words. I am wondering if the “W” in George W. Bush stands for “warmonger”

More later…

No comments: